top of page

The future's bright...

What's taken two years, thousands of pounds, many grazed knuckles, a supercharger and four litres of bright orange paint to complete? That's right, the restoration of Pub2Pub's 1974 Mini.

If you've been following us on social media over the past few years, you'll be familiar with the amount of work which has gone into this project. From its early beginnings as a rusty shell which had spent the previous decade sat in a barn, a huge amount of effort has gone into getting things to the stage where we had a solid, rust-free shell, as illustrated by the following pictures:

Ultimately, achieving a rust free shell required the replacement of at least 20% of all the metal in the body, and so the job of getting there dragged on a bit. But once there, we found we were only halfway - the shell needed painting, and the car needed putting back together. This meant rebuilt suspension, a restored dashboard, new engine and fuel system, overhauled brakes, and much, much more. It's been a big old task. But, as we roll into spring, the car is back on the road, being shaken down ready for some adventures this summer, and we hope you'll enjoy reading about them here.


If you'd like to see more detail of the project, we've set up an Instagram account which is documenting the restoration and onward adventures of Daisy the Mini - you can visit the page here.



0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page